ECTS code: МpIElec
Qualification awarded: Master of Industrial Electronics
Forms of training: part-time
Terms of education: 2 years
Final examination: development and public defense of a diploma project
Admission requirements: According the general procedure established for the Technical University of Sofia ( https://priem.tu-sofia.bg/ )
Access to further studies: After the graduation in MEng degree the study could be continued in a PhD degree program in another close area specialization
Programme importance: An engineers with this specialization can be appointed with design, operation and maintenance of modern electrical and electronic equipment, used for industrial automation in different industrial areas as having competence using computer technology in industrial process and designing modern tools for automation.
General characteristics of the education: The major builds upon the theories and experimental practices. The study gives fundamental and practical knowledge in modern electronic circuits and devices, used in industry, and the methods and tools, used in industrial automation process.
The study is organized in 3 stages:
- Stage 1 : Study the specific to build inner electrical networks for industrial companies and the power suppliance of production devices and systems, microprocessor systems and power converters, setting up industrial controllers and robots. The students gain fundamental knowledge in technical control of industrial processes and installing industrial automation systems and practical skills in using some systems.
- Stage 2: The major gives opportunity for specialization in such fields study – electrical equipment of modern industrial companies: embedded systems programming, programming and controlling industrial manipulator, industrial measurement systems, industrial control networks, industrial communication networks and systems, modern industrial lighting equipment and smart building grids. This major also offers other fields of study such as mathematical methods for digital signals and data processing, engineering legislation, patent and commercial law and project management.
- Stage 3: The students defense their diploma project which they developed on their own. In this way students have the opportunity to apply their gained knowledge and skills into developing their thesis in particular field of industrial electronics.
Educational and professional goals: Students, graduated this major, are having a broad base of knowledge in the fields of industrial electrical equipment, modern electronic devices and systems, such as – power converters and embedded systems, automation tools for industrial processes, which allow students to take part in:
- the process of industrial automation, as they are setting up, maintain and control the used controllers, manipulators and technological lines;
- design process of embedded systems for industrial automation processes;
- exploration of electrical equipment, providing the industrial processes; complete compact substation with their adjoining equipment, drive systems etc.;
- the process of increasing the electrical efficiency in industrial buildings as they install smart build automation systems, for power supply control etc.
Employment of the graduates: The graduates with this specialization will be able to work in different fields of modern industries. They can work successfully as specialist in setting up, maintain and development of industrial processes as well as:
- to develop embedded microprocessors systems with application in industrial automation processes;
- to maintain the tools for automation processes and electrical equipment in industrial companies;
- to apply and develop tools for building management to improve electrical efficiency of industrial companies;
- to team-leading, responsible for resource management of industrial processes.